Thursday, June 17, 2010

Our rainy vacation

We went to the Jordan Reunion in Utah last weekend. It had been planned for quite awhile. We were all excited about getting away and enjoying some fun in the sun! Well the sun part didn't happen. On Friday we went to Lagoon and as you can see it was very wet! It was okay for the first couple hours, then it just sprinkled for a couple hours, then it really started to come down so we left earlier then planned.
Tyler and his cousin Payton

Tyler loves cars so he was very excited to be able to drive all by himself.

The bumper cars were quite an adventure. At 2 years old Tyler didn't quite understand the concept of standing in line for what seemed like a long time to him to have a 3 minute ride and then you have to get in line again. He loved the bumper cars!! When Blake went to get him out after his first ride he freaked out! He screamed and ran to the corner of the pavilion. He did not want to get out. I'm just glad it was Blake and not me! :)

Emery snug as a bug in a rug. She had to hang out in her car seat in the stroller the whole time so she didn't get wet. She was pretty content though.

On Saturday we were supposed to go to Cherry Hill for the reunion but it actually closed down due to the weather. So we just went to a church and had lunch that was catered. Then we went down to Gateway mall and played at the fountains and did a little shopping.

We took the kids to the children's museum. They all loved it. It was nice to let them just run wild and do whatever they wanted. Everything was for kids so you didn't have to worry about them touching things they shouldn't. Tyler was soaked by the time we left because the water was his favorite part. Luckily I had a change of clothes with us!

And of course balls are always a hit too!

2 comments:

The Foxy Fam said...

What a fun family reunion! That children's museum looks AWESOME! Tyler looks so grown up driving that little car! What a cutie! I laughed and sighed at the same time with his bumper car adventure. . .that is too cute and so like kids! I wish they came with a user manual--kids I mean! Emery's blessing pictures are beautiful. I'm so glad you got to spend time with your cute family. I know they miss you and you must miss them TONS! We are definitely going to have to get together this summer! Let's plan something! Love ya' Les!
~Annie~

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Ha! Thats too bad it rained on you guys. I always bring the bad weather when I go to Utah too. Looks like you guys still had fun though. I haven't been to the childrens museum forever. That was always such a fun place.
Anyway, glad you could have a good time!
Christi